Blair for President! Seriously though, are there any cogent counterarguments to the points Blair articulated so well in his speech to Congress last week?
A quick review:
– terrorism is bred of poverty and illiberity
– terrorism plus destructive technology is a security threat to ALL the west
– the best way to combate terrorism is to spread liberty
– we mustn’t let terrorists get their hands on WMD
– the only way to prevent terrorist from getting WMD and to spread liberty are to be sure the world is in lock-step with us
Is there another way to look at the state of the world? If not, are the only arguments remaining to do with HOW to implement the last point?