Oh man, the latest NBER working papers are hot! Hotter than usual! Come on inside and take a peek!
- Taylor and Jorda on the much talked about carry trade
- An argument that inflation in the US should be high to take advantage of all those ferners taking our
- Hall on the fiscal multiplier (I like his framing: “By How Much Does GDP Rise if the Government Buys More Output?”)
- Globally, household wealth is extremely skewed
- Taylor on the long history of credit crunches: “policymakers ignore credit at their peril”
- Leeper connecting long-run fiscal imbalance to inflation expectations